Table of Contents
Hey Everyone, as usual welcome to all the new faces around here! There have been 11 new subscribers since the last Round Up!
If you don’t know me my name is Ross and you’re subscribed to this newsletter because you downloaded my obsidian.md guide or you subscribed on my website. Either way, it’s great to have you and I hope you stick around. This newsletter is a weekly newsletter where I do a round up of the best articles I’ve found on the internet. I also talk about cool videos, podcasts and other ideas that I’ve found on the internet.
You’re always welcome to unsubscribe if this newsletter is not adding value to your life. There is a link at the bottom of the email.
Whatsapp & Telegram
I know your email inbox is probably flooded with emails. So, I’ve created a Whatsapp Group & Telegram Channel so you can get The Round Up on your phone. Both groups are locked so people can’t chat on the group. You’ll only be receiving one message a week from me. I hate spammy groups just as much as any other guy.
The 2 best articles I’ve read this week:
The 4 Identities of a Teacher Reporter, Expert, Mentor, Role Model
- “One of the most invisible but important trends I’m seeing play out in the world today is the trend of everyone becoming a teacher.””
- In this article Tiago talks about how almost everyone on the internet is basically a “teacher”. There are 4 different stages that teachers move through as the progress on their journey.
- “your credibility comes from your lack of experience. You are a reporter, chasing leads, asking questions, and reporting your findings “live from the field.” “
- “Newcomers to social media and influencer marketing naively assume that if they can build a big following, those followers will buy from them. But that’s not always the case.””
- “Instagram, and now TikTok, are the default places fitness buffs will go to share and follow accounts from other fitness buffs. And to get their softcore porn fix. But that’s not necessarily where the buyers are. If you’re a personal trainer trying to attract clients who will pay $100+ per hour for your services, do you suppose those people are sitting at their desk following fitness accounts on Instagram? No. They’re probably on Twitter and LinkedIn.”
No one really wins a marathon. You just survive it better.” – Again to Carthage – John Parker
Some stuff I wrote this week
- No Switchy – I’ve made a new rule, I am not allowed to switch to new software, I outline why in this article.
- 2022 Goals – Blog – Just a quick write up about my goals this year and which habits I am using to achieve them.
Obsidian – Linking your thinking with Nick Milo
I am super excited to announce that I have signed up for Nick Milo’s “Linking your thinking” course. I was granted a scholarship, which I am incredible grateful for because I wouldn’t have been able to afford the course without it.
If you don’t know what linking your thinking is you can read more about it here: LYT